1) As a starting point we recommend a 16:1 water to coffee ratio. For the French Press start with 50 g coffee and 800 g water. The French Press requires a coarse grind. Weigh out and grind 50 g of coffee.
2) Place the ground coffee into the French Press and add 100 g of water. Stir and allow to bloom for 30 seconds. (If you are making a quantity different than 50 g, add twice as much water as coffee. Example 30 go of coffee add 60 g of water).
3) Add the remaining water and insert the lid without pushing down. Let the coffee brew for 4 more minutes.
4) After the 4 minutes, push the plunger down and serve immediately.
5) We recommend decanting the freshly pressed coffee to your mugs or a serving vessel. This will stop the coffee from continuing to brew and over-exctract.